[Digikam-users] How can I cange my main directory?

Wolfgang Mueller wm at ariannuccia.de
Mon Jun 6 10:38:36 BST 2016

I run digiKam 4.6.0 under kde 4.14.9 under SuSE 13.2.

Beeing completely new to digiKam, I set it up yesterday,
unfortunately following the suggestions of the initial set up tool
and accepting ~/Pictures as main directory.

Now, I want to change the main directory, but that is not possible.
So I renamed it, hoping that a new initial set up tool would appear,
but what appeared was only a pop up window that asked me to define
additional places. I specified /photos where my photos reside, but
this does not work well because when I want to see a photo, it says
"Failed to load image".

Then I uninstalled digiKam, restarted the computer and reinstalled
digiKam. But this did not help. Again, I get the pop up window
described above that asks me to define additional places.

Is there really no possibility to have the initial set up tool one
more time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Wolfgang