Reverse geocoding does not work. Was working earlier

Sandip P. Deshmukh deshmukh.sandip at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 06:48:04 BST 2016

I am running Fedora24 KDE Spin and digikam 5.0.0-beta7.

I have geotagged some images. So, they have a latitude, longitude,
altitude, etc.

Now, I want to Reverse geocode these images so they are tagged Place/
India/ Maharashtra, etc.

So, I select the images, Item -> Edit Geolocation.

In the lower left half, I select the image and select the tab of Reverse
Geocoding from the right.

I select Open Street Map (have also tried it with Geonames.org) as
service. And click on 'Apply reverse geocoding'

The left hand bottom section shows 'Modified' as status. I then 'Apply'
the changes. But the image does not carry any place tags.

Earlier (before updating to Fedora24 KDE Spin), this thing went
extremely well, without any error.

--
Sandip