[Digikam-users] Thumbnails display

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:27:23 BST 2016

>> 1) unless I'm mistaken, the filtered display is not refreshed in real
>> time. Thus, when I close the lighttable window after using Alt-1, Alt-2,
>> Alt-3 keys to reject/accept pictures, the selection is not updated. I need
>> 4 clicks to update it: open filters tab, click on any flag icon, 'unclick'
>> the same icon to restore the previous filter, then close the filters tab.
>> And more often than not, I've lost the position of the current picture, so
>> I've to browse the whole collection to go back where I was currently
>> working.
>> Any other more efficient way to do the job?
>>

> Got it: the F5 key seems to do the trick.
>

>> 2) ... and even in full screen mode, I get only 3 rows at a time.

Well digiKam support now the HDPI screens, as WQHD or  4K. The minimum size
of thumb is limited to 80 px and can be resized to 512 now. There is an
option to Setup dialog for that.

This is the best way to do for you. Use screen with higher resolution. Here
2 WQHD screens are used to work, and i's just perfect.

http://microconcept.com/peripheriques/ecran-lcd-et-led-1/iiyama-27-led-prolite-xb2779qs-b1-noir-2560-x-1440-pixels-5-ms-format-large-16-9-dalle-ips-pivot-displayport-hdmi-noir.html

No need 4K for the moment (this is expensive, require more Video memory,
and a powerful CPU).