[Digikam-users] Digikam under Opensuse misses geotagging/maps & hoping for suggestion of an easy way to set albumdates

Hamnes Aaberge hh-aaber at online.no
Fri Jul 15 12:22:36 BST 2016

Unfortunately it is the other way around. Geolocation works perfectly in
Digikam 4,but not in Digikam 5. I tried on 3 different computers with
the same results. I can see the globe on the pictures I have geotaged in
Digikam 4,that's all. Maybe I have to do something with Marble. I will
check it out or maybe you have some suggestions.

Svein

Den 15.07.2016 09:01, skrev Philip Johnsson:

> Svein,
>
> Which version of digikam are you using? To get geolocation in digikam 4.x it need to be built against Marble using qt4. Most new Linux distribution releases comes with Marble built with qt5 and therefore have geolocation disabled.
>
> To get it you first need Marble built with qt4 and then rebuild digikam against it with geolocation enabled.
>
> Also, digikam 4.x will now have a bug after changes in the Google Maps api/service that won't show Google Maps in digikam so you need to use the other maps in it.
>
> Geolocation and Google Maps work in digikam 5.x.
>
> /Philip
>
> On Jul 14, 2016 19:26, "maderios" <maderios at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/14/2016 06:05 PM, Svein Hamnes Aaberge wrote:
> I can not find any package called plasma-breeze in Opensuse
> https://software.opensuse.org/search?q=breeze&baseproject=openSUSE [1]
> %3AFactory&search_devel=false&search_unsupported=false
>
> Do you use Opensuse?
> I use Fedora 24
> You can find 'breeze', may be the same
> https://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=breeze [2]