[Digikam-users] Question to users of my Digikam 5 PPA for Ubuntu

Antonio Trincone antonio.trincone at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 15:03:21 BST 2016

My humble proposal is to mantain both for a reasonable time.
If the first choice will be made however it could be nice to have
instructions on how to avoid some problems (if any) on systems that
currently have both Digikam 4 and Digikam beta installed working
harmoniously up until now. I am not able to envisage what could happen if
(when) Digikam 4 will be updated to 5 on systems around.
And always thanks
Antonio

Il giorno dom 3 lug 2016 alle ore 15:06 Philip Johnsson <
philip.johnsson at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi users of my Ubuntu PPA with Digikam
>
> Digikam 5 final is soon to be released and I wonder how you guys want the
> final update to be.
>
> Do you guys want the Digikam 5 final to update the older (not longer
> supported with updates and fixes) Digikam 4 packages to version 5? Or do
> you guys want the digikam 4 series remain and digikam 5 versions to be
> separate packages and installations as Digikam 5 on your Ubuntu system as
> they have been during beta testing on my PPA so you can have both versions
> installed at the same time?
>
> As with Digikam 5 betas only Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) and 16.04 (xenial) will
> be supported for now.
>
> If you don't know about my PPA it can be found here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/ubuntu/extra
>
> Happy digikaming!
>
> Philip

[image: --]