[Digikam-users] digiKam and Krita kra files

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Sat Jan 2 20:24:01 GMT 2016

On 01/02/2016 02:23 PM, Elle Stone wrote:
> On 01/02/2016 01:44 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> - 1/ First go to Type mime setup page of DK and add relevant missing
>> file extensions.
>> - 2/ Install KDE thumbnails generators. This include KRA and EXR. From
>> Mageia5 :
>>
>> EXR : ‎/usr/lib64/kde4/exrthumbnail.so from "kdebase4-runtime - K
>> Desktop Environment - Base Runtime​" package
>> KRA :  ‎/usr/lib64/kde4/calligraimagethumbnail.so from "calligra-core -
>> Set of office applications for KDE​"
>
> I see both of those files. I restarted the computer and rebuilt all the
> digiKam thumbnails, but still only see a thumbnail for just one Krita
> .kra file. That one .kra file was saved by the same version of Krita
> that saved all the other .kra files, so I'm puzzled as to why only the
> one .kra file shows a thumbnail.

I updated to the latest Calligra Krita 2.9.10 from Gentoo portage, and
also added the kde use flag, and one/both of these two actions did the
trick.

Now digiKam is showing thumbnails for about two-thirds of the Krita .kra
files. I'll look at the remaining files and see if I can figure out a
pattern.

Elle