[Digikam-users] digiKam and Krita kra files

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Sat Jan 2 18:38:38 GMT 2016

I've been trying to get digiKam to display a thumbnail for Krita kra
files, but so far not much luck.

I've installed qtimageformats, kimgio, thumbnailers, and
kdebase-runtime-meta. Also I installed Krita from Gentoo portage
(previously Krita was installed in a prefix from Krita 2.9 git). And I
reinstalled digiKam and added kra files to the list of files to catalog.
But digiKam still doesn't show a thumbnail for Krita kra files.

Well, for some reason one (1) kra file shows a thumbnail in digiKam. I
tried opening and resaving that kra file under a new name, but the
newly-saved version doesn't show a thumbnail.

I rebuilt all the thumbnails in digiKam after installing all the new
software, but still only the one kra file has a thumbnail.

Has anyone managed to persuade digiKam to show thumbnails for kra files?

If it matters, I'm running digikam-4.14 from Gentoo portage, on a pure
qt4 system.

Best,
Elle