[Digikam-users] Digikam crashed on KFedora 20

Michael Lindner mplmpl at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 20:05:21 GMT 2016

So after a hiatus using macOS I'm returning to the best photo software I've
used, digikam. I have a "vanilla" KFedora 20 installation, installed
digikam, and it crashes with:

digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam: undefined symbol:
_ZNK11KExiv2Iface14AltLangStrEdit8textEditEv

I tried looking it up, but all the posts seem to be about Kubuntu or mint
and they all recommend installing "trusty-ppalkde4" which is not really an
option for a Fedora user. I checked and have libexiv 0.12 (not 11, which
was another thing people pointed to).

Any clues?