ascribe.io / digikam / exploring possibilities

eric webmaster at opalesurfcasting.net
Wed Dec 21 16:54:09 GMT 2016

Hello,

This project use bitcoins transaction to give a timestamp and identify
the content, no invisible digital watermark (as digimarc do).

This is the number registered here : https://cc.ascribe.io/app/pieces/2
6503 see ID.

To get back the registered transaction :
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/1KBVS2N4CyvtNPcJez7FCxckGvrsUzX2
Pf

= https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/ ID_of_your_artwork

So you get a date (timestamp) and a registered transaction for your
"artwork"

Then you may (there is some bugs or accuracy lack for the moment - http
s://github.com/bigchaindb/org/issues/29) find your picture usage :

https://www.whereonthe.net/dy36n3

And claim your copyright, DMCA or polite kind mail to be credited if
not :

example :  http://www.surf-casting.net/bar-mouchete

>Or perhaps you have a typical use case to promote this service...

No, I discover it by looking at a way to be credited for the pictures I
share on my website (CC-BY-NC-ND-4.0: Attribution-NonCommercial-
NoDerivs 4.0 International) and that are used a lot without any
mention, or for some "Tartarin" crediting themself, even for some
worldwide known newspaper : Le Monde and some others for example.

For Le Monde, one picture was used for each article related to the
subject for many years. And one DMCA, mails to "mediateur" ... have
done nothing : bad luck, my picture has been DMCAed whereas the stollen
one was still on google image search.

So with patience, the picture has been removed (no credit, thanks ...)
only removed. And mine put back on google image search.

So my purpose is only to find a way to be credited, with ease, and
consuming less time.

Controls at most possible the spread of my pictures ...

And give a way to share with ease and fair practice.

I have no relation with ascribe.io, I just find the concept a bunch of
breath for webmaster/photographs that see there content stollen more
and more ... and have forgived or no more publish ...

Thanks,

Eric

PS : I have one idea on the workflow, and some things that have to be
digged.