Is Open with...function implemented/working on Digikam AppImage 5.4?

Antonio Trincone antonio.trincone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 10:45:53 GMT 2016

With normal Digikam from ppa I used to work calling Darktable as preferred
software to work on an image. Connected with button in the upper bar I used
to select the photo and click on the button to open with preferred software
(previously established by KDE system preferences). It worked.
Do you know if this should be the same even when I use DK AppImage 5.4?.
Although it will call Darktable on Open with... of jpeg files, it seems not
working with AppImage.
Many thanks and season greeting to all
Best
Antonio