Free moving pictures by hand within a folder - version of digikam: 4.12.0 (Ubuntu repo)

r. wittmann avmnews at gmx.de
Wed Dec 21 23:53:18 GMT 2016

Hi, dear guys at digikam.

Congratulations to a very strong photo-manager.
I switched from lightroom/iPhoto to digikam a few weeks ago and I like
your application very much. It's obviously quite powerful.

One question I have for the moment:
I know that I can sort pictures within folders by ...name, date,
filesize and so on.
But is there a way to manually change photo positions within a folder
free, in other words: overruling any kind of sorting?

For example:
Let's say I'd have 100 pictures from flowers in the forest, and let's
say, they're sorted by date/time within the "flower-in-the-forest" folder.
Now, by clicking on that folder, I want to see the pic overview of the
flower pictures with the yellow flowers side by side at the very
beginning, regardless (ignoring) any kind of "date of creating" or
"name" sorting.
Is there any way to move particular pictures free within the (maybe
sorted) folder they're part of?
This still is an iPhoto feature some people like very much.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Bobbie