appimage

Andreas T. Ege andreas at spheniscid.net
Thu Dec 15 15:42:50 GMT 2016

Hi there,

I've been trying digikam-5.4.0-01-x86-64.appimage for the last few days.
It's been running fine the last few days and I would prefer to stay with
it, mainly because Sabayons digikam 5 package does not provide marble
support and so no geo-tagging.

Last night I had to kill it (due to some unrelated random problems with
my kde and using the ctrl key...) while renaming a fair number of images.
Since then it does only start as root but not as normal user anymore. It
goes through the inital bits until it starts creating custom shortcuts
and then dies with segmentation fault:
digikam.general: Create Shortcut  "Alt+Shift+I"  to Tag  "Schnake"  ( 1007 )
/tmp/.mount_qDfBpA/AppRun: Zeile 37:  5172 Speicherzugriffsfehler
digikam.wrapper $@
                                                (Line 37)
(segmentation fault)

User has full rights on tmp and it has worked until last night when it
crashed, so I suspect it's not privilege related but rather something
caused or left behind by the crash.

Anybody an idea what it might be or where to look?

Ta,
Andreas

--
Andreas Ege