Is thunderbird and gmail a good option to use the digikam mailing list ?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Wed Dec 14 15:14:37 GMT 2016

Le 14/12/2016 à 14:51, nonobio a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm new on Digikam and i've been surprised to not found a support
> "forum" but a "mailing list".
>
> I never used this system before or just once several years ago.

it's the prefered system for many technical support

> My main mail is Gmail and i used it tu suscribe to the list, but i
> didn't found how to browse easily the list.

it's a bit tricky if you are not used to that. You have to look at the
"source" of any mail on this list (mine, for example) and find this:

(just copied from source) and you get the archives URL. The drawback is
you can't answer from the archives

gmail should be enough but Th is very good

> What the reason why Digikam support use mailing list instead of forum,
> is it better in some aspects ?

forum, as of web forum (PHPBB, etc) are better for one shot. You need
one answer for one question and you most probably wont ever come again,
forum is best. You don't have to unsubscribe, you simply forget it.

mailing lists are better when you want to stay in touch with the
community. If you plan to use digikam on a regular basis, you will find
many infos in the other members posts. The problem Paul have today,
peter may have the other day... you also can archive easier interesting
mails for future use.

jdd