Is thunderbird and gmail a good option to use the digikam mailing list ?

Gerdau, Michael mgd at qata.de
Wed Dec 14 14:05:38 GMT 2016

> What the reason why Digikam support use mailing list instead of forum,
> is it better in some aspects ?

<religious war ahead>

"Better" is a difficult question.

In my experience the level of expertise tends to be higher on a ML and
consequently the s/r is much better. Also a ML is much easier to deal with
asynchronously and offline.

It is probably a matter of taste but I almost never resort to any form of forum
unless it is the *only* possible means to get information.

Others likely have a different opinion and discussing the pros and cons in my
experience usually quickly turns into a flamewar.

</religious war ahead>

In the end the developer of digikam seem to prefer a ML - so here you go :)

Kind regards,
Michael
Michael Gerdau       email: mgd at qata.de