resizing a photo

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 08:13:30 BST 2016

> So I'm no longer able, in v. 5.1.0, to resize a photo like I used to.
> There no longer seems to be the ability to type a number in. Now one has to
> reach for the mouse and try to slide the slider close to where one wants
> it.. I wasn't able to get it exactly.. then maybe use the down or up arrows
> to fine tune it. The down or up arrows also seem to move only one point at
> a time as well - if you hold the mouse on the arrow it would seem that it
> would take off moving in that direction several points at a time.. but it
> doesn't.

This problem with the integer input widget was resolved with current
implementation (next 5.2.0 planed in next week).

Now you can enter the value with the keyboard, switch to another one with
tab key, etc...

> So hoping I'm missing a config or something.. or that being able to type
> the size will come back. Definitely on my wish list and at present a big
> annoyance for me.
>
> thanks for all your work, really enjoying it otherwise. (Also except now
> when I tag, when I type in a search term for a tag.. and the actual tag
> pops up in the window above.. I have to click twice now to activate that
> tag. Seems that is new.. used to be one click. First click now activates
> the window, second click to choose the tag. One more step but I might get
> used to that one.. not the resize thing though.)

Do you talk about the default focus ? Never seen  this. Typically, i
suspect a widget style behavior. Try to change it in Setup/Misc dialog.