Migration from 4.14 to 5.0/5.1 does not work

Stephan Olbrich stephanolbrich at gmx.de
Fri Aug 19 20:29:50 BST 2016

Am Donnerstag, 11. August 2016, 22:37:52 CEST schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made some progress. The path was fine, but I had problems with the
> > database,
> > which got corrupted somehow. Not sure why digikam4 did work, probably
> > because
> > it didn't try to write to the db. Reading still seemed to work.
> > With a working backup of the database I tried the migration again. Now all
> > images are shown. But what is still missing is the "unkown" face where all
> > the
> > faces which are marked but have no name attached to them yet. The data is
> > still there in digikam4.
> > Btw. the database is now about 50MB, before it was about 30MB. Does
> > digikam5
> > store more data in the database?
>
> No, the sqlite schema still the same.
>
> But perhaps you upgrade too the Exiv2 shared library which handle better
> video files with last version, and now we populate more video properties in
> DB.

Some more progress but no solution yet. One (the?) problem seems to be, that
digikam4 does not use the album column the Images table. The value is NULL for
all entries. So digikam5 doesn't seem to find the old entries an just adds new
ones :-(
The uniqueHash is the same for both versions of the image.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Regards,
Stephan