Migration from 4.14 to 5.0/5.1 does not work

Stephan Olbrich stephanolbrich at gmx.de
Wed Aug 10 20:18:30 BST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate from 4.14 to 5.0 or 5.1

When I start digikam 5 (it doesn't matter if it is 5.0 or 5.1) I get the first
start assistant. I select the folder where my pictures and database is.
When digikam starts, it scans a while for new images. When this is done there
are no albums in the album view. All tags from the database are there, but no
pictures are there if I select a tag.
All people tags are there as well, except the unknown tag for faces which have
no name assigned yet.
Each time I restart digikam it scans a while for new images but still shows no
album or pictures.
If I delete the database before starting digikam (after deleting the digikam 5
config to get a clean start), everything works fine. All images are there, but
obviously all the data which is only in the database is missing.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Regards,
Stephan