AppImage packaging...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:49:02 BST 2016

Hi all users,

As you know, MacOS and Windows packaging are now easy to generate
automatically with my sets of BASH scripts in digiKam.

I thinking to add AppImage bundle, as Krita do.

http://appimage.org/

But as i pass 2 full months of works to packaging MacOS and Windows, I
would to be more efficient with Linux Bundle. I'm a little bit tired with
packaging stuff... After all, i'm developer, not packager. So if a
contributor would to help me in this task, it will be great.

First Q : There is a real needs for Linux Bundle ? I think yes, even if
Linux distro do the job, and i know very well how it's complicated to do...

2nd Q : Somebody know if an automatic service already exist to create a
Linux Bundle as AppImage ?

3nd Q : AppImage is the best choice to make Linux Bundle ? I know that
other solutions exists, but i have no experience on it.

Best