[Digikam-users] Question concerning import

Fabian Frank fabianfrank at greenmail.cc
Thu Aug 4 10:52:11 BST 2016

Hi,
I like to use DigiKam. But sadly I could not manage to use it for image
import up to now.
I use other tools for this :-(

Maybe somebody could help.

I would like to have my images organized like this:

/pictures/YYYY/YYYY-MM_Custom Name/YYYY-MM-DD_hh-mm-ss_X_Custom
Name_Cameraname.ext

YYYY=4 digit year
MM=2 digit month
DD=2 digit day
hh=2 digit hour
mm=2 digit minute
ss=2 digitsecond

I mainly can do all of this - but not all or not really perfect how I
like it. My findings:

1)
X=1 digit identifier (letter or number) if more than 1 picture is taken
in a minute. THIS SHOUL BE ALWAYS THERE even if only one picture is
taken. I could not find a way to do this in lightroom

2)
I could not find a nice way for the custom name. I have to enter it for
the file AND for the folder. This leads to typos etc. - Not perfect.

3)
How to put in the camera name? I like not the full name like DMC-GH3 but
only GH3.

I can do all of this with "downloader Pro" -
http://www.breezesys.com/Downloader/index.htm But there are other
problems...it is a windows only tool.

I would love to do all this with DigiKam - is there any chance? Is it me
- or is the program lacking some features here?

Thanks.

Best.
Fabian

--