[Digikam-users] Click to select vs click to open

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 09:15:04 BST 2016

Note : With digiKam 5.0.0, this settings will not depend of KDE settings
anymore. Remember that we work hard to make a pure Qt5 application. This is
clear goal for future versions.

5.0.0 will not yet a pure Qt5 application. The last 10% of KDE dependencies
are hard to drop or to make optional (KXmlGui, KConfig, Ki18n, KService...)
but it' under way, at least to make KDE relevant code wrapped in dedicated
classes to be able to turn on/off KDE dependencies.

Of course, under Linux, we will support KDE, but under OSX and Windows, we
can forget KDE definitively, and use native system technologies instead.

Note2 :

- Under OSX, all the digiKam code compile fine now, and Macports packages
(KF5 included) are mostly done but not yet integrated to Macport
repositories.

https://plus.google.com/+GillesCaulier/posts/P7wAZuFEF9L

- Under Windows, the packaging is more complex to do , but a new packager
work on this (he package already Gim and Darktable under Windows)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ParthaBagchi/posts