[Digikam-users] Click to select vs click to open

Kenneth Ingham ingham at i-pi.com
Sun Apr 17 03:58:09 BST 2016

Digikam recently (in the last month or few on OpenSuse tumbleweed)
changed from click to select to click to open the image in the preview
pane.  This is really a pain for me, because I use digikam to set tags,
organize images, etc.  When a click opens an image instead of selects
it, I then have to go back to thumbnail view to do whatever I am trying
to do (e.g., select a range).

I looked through the DigiKam settings, but I do not see any options to
change this to the prior behavior.  I see "Thumbnail click action", but
it does not offer a "select" option.  I would rather double click to
open and single to select.

In the global KDE settings (System settings -> Input devices -> Mouse)
there is an option "Double click to open files and folders (select icons
on first click)".  This is what I want in Digikam (or for it to use this
option).  How can I get this behavior?

--
Kenneth Ingham

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
---Dwight D. Eisenhower, First Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953