[Digikam-users] split an album into sub-albums

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 09:00:50 BST 2015

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:04 PM, Martin Burnicki
> <martin.burnicki at burnicki.net> wrote:
> > If you have tagged your images, and the tags have been also been written
> > to the image files then this should be no problem, since the "new"
> > collections are scanned and the Metatags are read from the files.
> >
> > However, if your tags have *not* been written to the image files then
> > Metatags might eventually get lost if you remove the original collection
> > and add new ones.
> >

> How can I know if tags have been written to the images?

There are several options in the configuration menu. You can write them in
the database and/or the file and/or a sidecar file.

> I have always
> assumed that the tags are stored only in the digikam database, and
> then accessible via digikam only. Is it correct that if tags have been
> written to images I should be view them on file manager too?

Yes, provided the external program you use is able to read the metadata and
display them.

Marie-Noëlle

--
[image: Agir pour le futur] <http://agirpourlefutur.com>    [image: Vallée