[Digikam-users] Using metadata tab efficiently

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 20:27:22 BST 2015

>> When I search for 'aper', I find ApertureValue and MaxApertureValue in
>> both 'Informations sur l'image' and 'Informations sur la photographie'.
>> ISOSpeedRatings and ShutterSpeedValue are there twice too. Same thing for
>> FocalLength (and FocalPlaneResolutionUnit and X and YResolution).
>> Isn't there a way to display things only once in the metadata tab?
>>

> yes, in metadata, there are a lots of duplicate data. But it's Exif
> standard (and non standard as Makernotes). It's a mess legacy from photo
> history...
>
> Use Metadata/Display fileter from setup to only display what you want. On
> top of metadata viewer, you have buttons to switch in filter view or not.

Got it! This time, I have only what I need/want... except for the 'Notes du
fabricant' where I have many lines like 0x0003 ... 0x4027 and I don't know
how to get rid of these.

One thing that's not very user-friendly is all the proprieties are not
translated in the setup screen... you have to find the english equivalent
of words you see in your own language on the display tab.
Of course, you don't see this is you use the english version! ;-)

>> but not very easy to read (many information, small police, texte
>> centered).
>>

> yes i see this problem too using a 4K screen. We will take a look to fix
> it.

Great!

>> Would it be possible to add the lens model in the 'Propriétés de la
>> photographie'?
>>

> this info is already in the list displayed, if this is found on metadata
> stack.

My mistake. I can see it now.

>> And use colored stars and flags (for the rating and labels) so they will
>> be more visible.
>>

> This also displayed into digiKam properties section from this view.

Yes... but rating stars are barely visible, and labels are text only (less
visible than colored flags... and not very UI consistent).

>>> You have certainly a metadata filter enabled which display all items not
>>> found. Go to Setup/Metadata/Display section and reset filters to defaults.
>>>

>> I did reset the Métadonnées-Affichage in the Configuration menu several
>> times, and then unchecked information I didn't want to display (GPS for
>> example), but didn't see any difference.
>>

> Look the active filter settings on the top of metadata viewer.

I see no difference between 'Aucun filtre' and 'Photographie'.
'Personnalisé' works well with 'Paramètres' below... so what the
Configuration menu for displaying metadata still stands for?

Marie-Noëlle

--
[image: Agir pour le futur] <http://agirpourlefutur.com>    [image: Vallée
Borgne Info] <http://vallee-borgne.info>