[Digikam-users] No more metadata support in import?

Andreas Mair amair.sob at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 07:11:05 BST 2015

Hi,

for a long time (at least since v3.5.0) accessing metadata by using
"[meta:Exif...]" in import doesn't work correctly.
Now I've updated from v4.4.0 to v4.12.0 but now even the "Metadata"
button in the "import" window is missing and the resulting file names
show the "[meta:Exif...]" text.
For me it seems that this feature has been dropped. Is this right?
Why? Or am I doing something wrong?
If I use the file name template in the "renamer" tool everything works
as expected.

What metadata do I want to use?
I simply want to get the date and time when the picture has been
taken. So I use "[meta:Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal]". You could say I
can also use "[date:...]". That's right. But actually I am (or had
been) not sure what timestamp digiKam actually uses then.
But with my new camera "[date:...]" won't be enough as it also has
"[meta:Exif.Photo.SubSecTimeOriginal]". When doing some quickshots
this value is needed because I have multiple photos per second.

Best regards,
Andreas