[Digikam-users] Can't install 4.13

Mark Fraser mfraz74+kde at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:58:42 BST 2015

On 15 Oct 2015 01:13, "Philip Johnsson" <philip.johnsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Must be some recent update from Mint that conflicts/override something on
my PPA. I just checked if it still works on Ubuntu 14.04 on a virtual
machine and it does so it must be something with Mint.

> Try to trouble shoot by telling apt to install my version of digikam and
see what it say why it can't do it or conflicts with. If it's not obvious
from that then try to do the same with the complaining package to see what
it complains/conflicts in the next in chain of dependencies.

> To tell apt so install (but don't force install) use the following
command: sudo apt-get install digikam=4:4.13.0-trusty~ppa1

> If you find out what's the conflicting package(s) then I might be able to
update the PPA to solve the conflict for Mint if that's the case.

> /Philip

Might be worth also trying to install using aptitude as that will give more
information about why digikam can't be installed and possible solutions.