[Digikam-users] Identity and Copyright Notice in digiKam 4.13.0

John Harper jcharper at msn.com
Fri Oct 9 21:37:54 BST 2015

Info - openSUSE 13.2; KDE 4.14.9; digiKam 4.13.0 on a desktop system

I recently installed digiKam to add metadata to many personal photos. There
will be many albums. So far, I have only imported three folders of about 60
pictures each. Your Handbook has excellent instructions on how to add EXIF
metadata.

But -

I want to add Copyright and Ownership information to ALL photos in existing
and future albums. It is time consuming to do it one picture at a time.

The digiKam handbook shows an item called "Identity" in the configure digiKam
settings where this can be done automatically. It is not present in this
version of digiKam (4.13.0). Instead there is an item called Templates that
has a place to enter copyright info.

I do not see any instructions in the Handbook about using the Template
settings to add copyright to each picture automatically. Maybe it is a new
feature. Is there a handbook for this version of digiKam that I have not
located?

How do I:
1) include copyright info on all new albums
2) add copyright info to all existing albums

Cordially,
jch