[Digikam-users] digikam slow when opening an album

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Tue Oct 6 07:40:20 BST 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> did you store DB files on removable USB drive or in local computer ?

On the local computer, thinking this would improve speed without
consuming bandwidth along the usb path.

> Which Exiv2 version you use ? Go to Help/Components Info for details.

digiKam version 4.2.0
CPU cores: 2
Demosaic GPL2 pack support: Unknown
Demosaic GPL3 pack support: Unknown
Exiv2 can write to Jp2: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Jpeg: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Pgf: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Png: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Tiff: Yes
Exiv2 supports XMP metadata: Yes
LibCImg: 130
LibEigen: 3.2.1
LibExiv2: 0.24
LibJPEG: 80
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.14.1
LibKExiv2: 2.3.1
LibKGeoMap: 2.0.0
LibKdcraw: 2.4.2
LibLCMS: 2060
LibLensFun: 0.2.8-0
LibPGF: 6.12.24 - external shared library
LibPNG: 1.2.51
LibQt: 4.8.6
LibRaw: 0.16.0
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 4.0.3 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble Widget: 0.18.21 (0.19 Alpha)
Parallelized PGF codec: No
Parallelized demosaicing: Unknown
RawSpeed codec support: Unknown
Database backend: QSQLITE
Kipi-Plugins: 4.2.0
LibGphoto2: 2.5.4
LibKface: 3.4.0
LibKipi: 2.1.0
LibOpenCV: 2.4.9

> Did you use multicore option in Maintenance tool ? If you turn off this
> option, this improve the speed?

Yes, but no changes are perceivable in time and speed. However, with
the multi core option enabled the other programs slow down too, so
something is surely running on more cores.
I admit I'm using an old version of digikam, but it is the only one
I'm able to install on this machine so far.

Thanks,
Luca