[Digikam-users] digikam slow when opening an album

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Mon Oct 5 11:06:00 BST 2015

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Gilles Caulier
<caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> To test if DB is corrupted, you can delete/rename safely the DB file for
> thumbnails. There is no extra metatada in this file. It will be re-created
> automatically at next session, but this take a while to regenerate thumbs
> until there are cached in DB. You can use the Maintenance tool to recreate
> all thumbnails, but take a coffee and be patient.

I'm trying to rebuild the thumbnail database (and only that on all
available cores, but after 3+ hours only 2% is done and the database
is about 12 MB (digikam4.db = 50 MB).
I will let it working for hours, but this is going to take much more
than a coffee....

Any suggestion?

Luca