[Digikam-users] Can drag/drop copy rather than move?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Tue Nov 17 15:26:37 GMT 2015

Elle Stone <ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com> wrote:
> On 11/17/2015 08:13 AM, cl at isbd.net wrote:
> > Is there a setting somewhere to make drag and drop of images from
> > Digikam copy rather than move?
> >
> > I was a bit surprised just now when I wanted to copy a few pictures
> > from Digikam and they were actually moved out of my main picture
> > hierarchy rather than copied.
> >
> > If it's relevant I was dragging and dropping from Digikam into Thunar
> > on xubuntu 15.04.
> >
> Export/Export to remote computer allows you to make a copy of an image
> in another place on your own local computer's hard drive, despite the
> odd-seeming "export" part.

Yes, there are several mechanisms for copying rather than moving but
none is quite so handy as the simple drag and drop which is always
going to be the first thing one tries.

Given that the default for drag and drop everywhere else seems to be
copy why does Digikam move?  (Actually Thunar simply asks whether you
want to move or copy)

--
Chris Green
ยท