[Digikam-users] Mysql/MariaDb database expert needs...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:16:36 GMT 2015

> Hello,
>

> >         Why do digikam need super?
>

> > I don't know. I just found this solution in a bugzilla entry and it
> > work.
>

> > Someone like you have posted the same question without a response.
> >

> > Here my knowledge of mysql is limited.
>
> I think digikam need super for this :
>
> "to create or alter a stored function, you must have the SUPER
> privilege, in addition to the CREATE ROUTINE or ALTER ROUTINE privilege
> that is normally required. (Depending on the DEFINER value in the
> function definition, SUPER might be required regardless of whether
> binary logging is enabled. See Section 13.1.12, “CREATE PROCEDURE and
> CREATE FUNCTION Syntax”.)"
>

> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/stored-programs-logging.html
>

> In the web, I don't know any CMS, which use MYSQl, that doesn't need at
> least the knowledge to create a database, its user and right, except
> when the hosting service do it for its customer. (and no CMS that need
> SUPER privileges)
>
> So, using MYSQL with Digikam needs at least the same knowledge.
>
> What is "surprising" and not usual is the super privileges needed, and
> all I've read on configuring Digikam with MYSQL is about to get this
> working.
>
> I don't know how this is handle with AMAROK (local or remote MYSQL), but
> a look at it should be done.

Ok, now i found why grant privileges are need : we have 2 functions created
to handle indexes.

In digiKam, the database schema descriptions are managed in a single XML
configuration file. This permit to adjust it without to recompile the
application.

Look this function here :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/data/database/dbconfig.xml.cmake.in#L1057

and here :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/data/database/dbconfig.xml.cmake.in#L1390

As i can see in bugzilla, these 2 method must be re-written differently to
prevent to require grant privileges.