[Digikam-users] Mysql/MariaDb database expert needs...

Henrique Santos Fernandes sf.rique at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 16:38:50 GMT 2015

> The one advantage of having separate databases is for backup purposes.
> The thumbnail database in particular can be massive and having it
> separate makes it easier especially since it is basically throwaway data
> anyway.

This is true. But still easy to remove or drop the tables related to it.
Only "problem" would be the backup size, as it would include the
thumbnails..

> The performance of MySQL doesn't really come into it. You can in theory
> partition different databases into different locations/disks etc. and
> that might be of interest to some but it would be a pretty special use
> case.
>
> I think that the correct default would be to use a common name for all
> three but allow separate names if required.

I think teh default should be one database also.

I guess, having the possibility to separate the databases  would introduce
much more work right? I am not sure.. not a developer..  i only know some
about infrastructure .