[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.14 for Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) is now ready on my PPA

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 03:18:17 GMT 2015

Hi all Ubuntu users

Sorry for you guys who have been waiting for Digikam 4.14 for Ubuntu 15.10
Wily on my PPA and maybe ran into upgrading problems as I haven't supported
Wily yet and that could have given upgrading problems from Vivid to Wily as
my PPA have some newer packages than official Wily. I have been really busy
with life the past two weeks but am now back. :)

Anyway, I just uploaded Digikam 4.14 to my "extra" PPA with support for
Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily). Also gave back the geo-location and map support that
was disabled in official Digikam 4.12 for Ubuntu 15.10. Updated lensfun to
version 3.1, updated exiv2 with patches for new cames and a bugs with some
cameras. Also activated some kipi-plugin that was disabled in official
Ubuntu 15.10, etc.

I haven't tested it that much yet but should work as it should. There is a
know bug in map view if you use Google maps with Digikam. Not sure if it
will be fixed as this is the last updated of Digikam 4 and the bug will be
fixed in Digikam 5 beta1. If there will be any more post Digikam 4.14 fixes
as patches I might make updates otherwise next package release will be
Digikam 5 beta1 on my PPA.

If you run into any problem with conflicts then just let me know but
everything should work.

Happy digikaming!

/Philip