[Digikam-users] geo-locator

Dr. Martin Senftleben drmartinus at drmartinus.de
Tue Nov 3 10:58:31 GMT 2015

Hi,

I'm not sure if my naming the tool is correct. I am also not sure if
I'm the only one having the following problem:

I use google maps for viewing the location when putting images into
place or correlating a gpx file accordingly. However, whenever I want
to move the map, only the section that was shown is being moved, and
the new area that should contain the approprite map section doesn't
appear, there is only a blank space. This remains even after a long
time, so it's not just an issue of PC capacity. Only by enlarging or
reducing the view (click on "+" or "-") will fill the window again
with the entire map, but it's awkward...

When using google maps in a browser, it works perfectly.
With Marble it works fine, but I need often the satellite view, which
isn't available there.

Regards

Martin