[Digikam-users] Is possible show album, without images in PC? (Like Lightroom)

Sjoerd sjoerd at sjomar.eu
Sat May 30 22:55:33 BST 2015

On Saturday 30 May 2015 12:59:25 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Typically yes, technically no.
>
> Export SQlite DB on a shared place will corrupt file. Sqlite do not like
> yet well. At least it's true with NFS. For others sharing FS, i don't know.
>
> Ultimate solution is to use Shard DB through a server as MAriaDB or MySQL
> The implementation in digiKam for MySQL is old, bugous and not maintained.
> We need to found somebody to work on it in the future.

Technically dropbox isn't sharing like nfs,cifs,etc.....dropbox is syncing, so
if the TS syncs the sqlite db's from/with dropbox it should be ok I guess,
since you're accessing the db locally. Changing the database on multiple
dropbox clients is another story (and the digikam4.db does already change on
opening)...
And maybe I am totally wrong with this ;)