[Digikam-users] First digiKam 4.9.0 PKG installer for OSX...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat May 23 18:09:38 BST 2015

> > On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> >
> > I just completed to build the first digiKam 4.9.0 stand alone PKG
> > installer for OSX :
>
> This is fantastic news!

Thanks. I'm fight since a long time with OSX PKG stuff... I hope to
complete this task soon...

> Back in Dec 2013, I tried to compile Digikam for OS X via Homebrew[1].
> Although I was able to build, I ran into a number of runtime issues.
> Since then, there hasn't been much activity in homebrew-kde, so I'm
> glad to hear of effort going into producing an easy to use Digikam
> binary package for OS X.

> > 5. digikam crashes on View => Tables
>
> I'm also able to reproduce this on OS X 10.10.3 with 5th PKG version.
> Please find the stack trace[2].

I patched code for 4.11.0 release :

http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=digikam.git&a=commit&h=932a7e7e5b45bb801a66c5a18a05058ea457d425

crash is not reproducible under OSX with it... But i cannot generalize...

> Other minor issues:
>
> * The Google maps view does not work; it just shows blank white. Marble is
> fine

This can be a network restriction. Here it work fine.

> * CMD+, keyboard shortcut conflicts between View > Zoom to 100% and
> Preferences

Conflict with what ?

> Nice to haves:
>
> * Pinch zoom/other OS X trackpad gestures
>
> Either way, this seems stable enough to use day-to-day. What needs to
> happen to see an official release?

I must to do it (:=))). It still :

1/ to have QtCurves widget style working. In PKG, i packaged it but it
still unavailable on digiKam. I don't know yet why...
2/ compile digiKam and co with debug symbols, to have all info to hack in
case of crash. Last time that i do it, i see a big conflict with debug and
non debug symbols mixed in shared libs. I don't know yet why.
3/ be able to use current implementation from git/master (or a tag
version). Currently i use last Macports version published, so 4.9.0. I know
that 4.10.0 is under review, but it's move slowly on Macports team...

It's always the same. The last 10% to fix are the most long and complex. I
hope to provide a version 6 tomorrow, but i'm not sure.