[Digikam-users] First digiKam 4.9.0 PKG installer for OSX...

Tom Vincent digikam at tlvince.com
Sat May 23 12:58:43 BST 2015

> On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
> I just completed to build the first digiKam 4.9.0 stand alone PKG
> installer for OSX :

This is fantastic news!

Back in Dec 2013, I tried to compile Digikam for OS X via Homebrew[1].
Although I was able to build, I ran into a number of runtime issues.
Since then, there hasn't been much activity in homebrew-kde, so I'm
glad to hear of effort going into producing an easy to use Digikam
binary package for OS X.

> 5. digikam crashes on View => Tables

I'm also able to reproduce this on OS X 10.10.3 with 5th PKG version.
Please find the stack trace[2].

Other minor issues:

* The Google maps view does not work; it just shows blank white. Marble is fine
* CMD+, keyboard shortcut conflicts between View > Zoom to 100% and Preferences

Nice to haves:

* Pinch zoom/other OS X trackpad gestures

Either way, this seems stable enough to use day-to-day. What needs to
happen to see an official release?

[1]: https://github.com/adymo/homebrew-kde/pull/9
[2]: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/tlvince/b0714b8fe271efe08d42/raw/bd779ad3fcb87af221d781ea289f96b01f1df164/gistfile1.txt