[Digikam-users] Failed to load Image

Wolfgang wolfgang_strobel at yahoo.de
Tue May 19 20:03:45 BST 2015

Am 15.05.2015 um 20:40 schrieb Johannes Kapune:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I saw similar behaviour here. I used the maintenance tool to generate
> fingerprints and thumbnails new - after that it was nearly ok.
>
> Later I saw this when there is some (longer) access to database and when
> I tried to use too fast the next picture.
>
> hope this helps a little bit
>
> Johannes
>
> Am 15.05.2015 um 20:24 schrieb Wolfgang:

>>> Hello ,
>>>
>>> I have now further wanted :
>>> when I open the pictures with showFoto , the images are displayed .
>>> In the Preview view of digikam nevertheless always comes faild error to
>>> load image.
>>> Windows 7 64bit
>>> digikam 4.9.0 vom 07.04.2015
>>>
>>> Who can help me ?
>>>
>>> Wolfgang

>> Hello,
>>
>> I have now the version digiKam
>> version 4.10.0
>> Using KDE Development Platform 4.10.2 installed .
>> Unfortunately, there is still the problem that in many photos of the
>> error
>> " Failed to load image" comes .
>> At the files it can not be because the files mot ShowFoto be displayed
>> correctly .
>> The next time you start digiKam , it may be that the non-displayed
>> photos are displayed from last time and the error comes back in other
>> photos .
>>
>> Has anyone else had this problem too ?
>> How can this be remedied or umgengen ?
>>
>> Many thanks for your help
>>
>> Wolfgang

Hi John ,

Thanks for your tip .
After the fingerprints and generate thumbnails , it is a little better .
the first 5-6 photos can be normal display in the Preview view .
Then comes again the error Failed to load image. the change in
the thumbnail view and view of the renewed Preview comply dens
image appears so.
This works for Dan naƤchsten 4-5 photos . Then crashes digikam
off completely , so that it is almost impossible a complete
directory to look with 40 photos .

Maybe someone has a tip to reduce otherwise the problem

Wolfgang