[Digikam-users] Latest Lensfun Database

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Mar 30 18:58:02 BST 2015

Hallöchen!

Anders Lund writes:

> Mandag den 30. marts 2015 19:09:46 skrev Torsten Bronger:
>
>> Bobber writes:
>>
>>> I just used a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 lens this weekend for the first
>>> time.  I do not see this lens available when attempting to use
>>> auto-correction but I do see that it is in the Lensfun data base
>>> on their web site.  Is there a way to get this data into the
>>> kipi-plugins so that it is available for Digikam?
>>
>> Download http://wilson.bronger.org/db/version_0.tar.bz2 and install
>> its content over your local database.  It is usually in
>> /usr/share/lib/lensfun/.
>
> you can overlay in ~/.local/lensfun

Yes, but during the next system update, it shadows an updated
sytem-wide database.  Besides, I recently removed some bogus
entries, and removal is not possible by adding to your home
directory.  Moreover, fixed lens model names end up as double
entries.

By the way, lensfun 0.3.0 makes updating as easy as calling a
command line programm, and the current Git version even doesn't need
root priviledges for this.  Unfortunately, the distros are very
reluctant in packaging it.

Until then, http://wilson.bronger.org/db/version_0.tar.bz2 is
updated every night (at least).

Tschö,