[Digikam-users] Some considerations concerning running digiKam on a Mac

Veaceslav Munteanu veaceslav.munteanu90 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 21:58:24 GMT 2015

You had a lot to say, sir :)

Well, only thing that can I say is that marvellous machine cost 3000
euro and majority of people don't have this amount of money, or don't
want to spent that much for something which will be obsolete in 2-3
years...

>From developers only Gilles has a Mac, but it doesn't actively use it
to develop. A big majority of commiters use Arch Linux, including me.

Mac is getting less attention because it's rare, and Windows is also
neglected because it's hard it's nightmare to compile...

We are not even allowed to have Mac virtual machines, so support is
even harder...

If you are an active digiKam on Mac user, you might fill in more
reports about whats wrong with digiKam on mac, and the more community
effort, the better it gets, this is the Linux way..