[Digikam-users] Best method to move the complete photo collection

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Mar 23 21:33:46 GMT 2015

Am 23.03.2015 um 20:11 schrieb cl at isbd.net:

> (I really cannot understand why anyone would ever *not* write the
> metadata to file)

This is not on the topic of the thread, but there a many reasons NOT to
write metadata to files.

I don't want to give my clients photos with my personal evaluation nor
with the indexing keywords under which I catalog them. I don't want
clients or models real names appear in images.

If I'd have tags in the images meta data I'd always have to be VERY
careful to strip them before delivery or upload on any website. I'm sure
I'd forget it from time to time or upload a tagged version instead of a
stripped one. This could have consequences...

So this is ONE reason not to have tags in image files. For sure many
more exist. For sure also many reasons exist to have them written to the
files and it is very good, that it is possible for those to whom it
serves. I for my part am happy that I can choose not to save my tages in
the images...

Have a beautiful night.

Daniel

http://www.daniel-bauer.com