[Digikam-users] Issue with Digikam Windows

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 18:01:06 GMT 2015

> I use digiKam 4.5 in both 32 and 64 bits versions of Windows 8.1 and never
> got a crash.
>
> It is great to know that 4.8 is coming to Windows. I tried to compile by
> myself but it seems I am not that smart :-(.
>
> Piter Dias
> piter.dias at piterdias.com
>
> Enviado por Type Mail

yes, 4.x version is not simple to compile under Windows. This is due
to huge dependency with KDE4 (compilation and run-time)

For Qt5 port (next digiKam 5.x), KDE dependency will be drop to 60%,
and more until finalisation. This will simplify compilation and
runtime (for ex, we will drop KIOSLave and use multithreading instead)

Gilles Caulier