[Digikam-users] Folders, albums and collections

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 09:45:23 BST 2015

Very dangerous... really.

Not more than Another GUI abstraction layer which will be less
understandable by end users.

It's logic to see WHERE are files on computer. This is not a weird design,
but how computer users play with it since a lots of decades. This is also a
design that digiKam users want from the start.

Ex :

iPhoto/Aperture : where are files ??? Copied and cached into private
repository.
KPhotoAlbum : there is no FS view.

You don't care about FS view. No problem with digiKam. Create a collection,
put all images on the root as well, and start to sort/group items in
virtual albums named Tags.

Go to Tags album view and you will have same behaviors than iPhoto like
applications.