[Digikam-users] invisible images

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 10:46:09 BST 2015

On 4-6-2015 22:59, Gian Paolo Sanino Vattier wrote:
 > On 06/03/2015 12:28 PM, Johannes Kapune wrote:
 >> Am 03.06.2015 um 16:30 schrieb Gian Paolo Sanino Vattier:
 >>> Some of my old photos, not all of them and almost randomly, are not
 >>> visible on the thumbails mode.(...)  and this is happening
 >>> on all my five boxes (PCs and notebooks) and with the same images.

 >> maybe there is a problem with database - some thumbnails are missing.
 > So rebuilding the thumbnails, fingerprints and resync of the database,
> does not result in making visible the "invisible images"...
> Any other idea?

Since it happens to the same images on all systems, it seems to me the
problem is with the image (nice image, by the way :-) )
Are they all RAW-images, with (supposedly) embedded jpg-thumbnails?
Could it be that the embedded preview is broken, some way or another? If
"rebuild thumbnails" makes a thumbnail of png and jpg, and copies the
embedded preview of RAW, then that explains why you don't see anything
(assuming that is the problem).

Best regards,

Boudewijn