[Digikam-users] Recovering tags

Everard Edwards holcus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 00:36:28 BST 2015

Hi,

  I have a photo collection which was extensively tagged on my work PC.
Previously I was running OpenSuse 13.2, but have been moved over to a new
laptop with Ubuntu 14 LTS. Although the Digikam database was kept, along
with all directory and file names (I copied everything to and fro with
rsync) when I pointed Digikam to the collection on the new set-up it didn't
retain any of the tags.

  I don't have access to the original PC and this was a few weeks ago, so
Digikam has definitely saved whatever changes it wanted to make to the
database, so I'm guessing there is no way to get all the tags back using a
database backup etc., even if it was possible somehow.

  However, I had Digikam write all the tags to metadata, so what I want to
know is, can I recover the tags from there? I can see them as a comma
seperated list in the IPTC metadata, so they are definitely there.

  Ev