[Digikam-users] Deleting duplicate photo's still show up?

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Mon Jul 27 18:37:50 BST 2015

Hi Sjoerd,

I let digiKam write all necessary metadata into the image files.
And once a year I move away the old digiKam database and let digiKam create a
fresh new one, based on the image's metafiles.

This, of course, depends, what one considers "necessary metadata", since not
every metadata can be stored in images, I guess. In my case, I want "tags",
"captions" and "star rating", which can be written to image files very well.

In an additional paranoia level, I take screenshots of the old tag tree, with
all tag counters visible and compare those against the new tag counters. Same
for "star rating".

Regards,
	Peter