[Digikam-users] Renaming files

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Tue Jul 7 20:24:52 BST 2015

Hi,

How can I rename files?

I start with img_1234.cr2, I need/want to rename it to:
dogs-vancouver-20150705-1234.cr2

* dogs-vancouver : I type it in
* 20150706: exif date created (I have figure it out)
* 1234: How do I get the last digits? I do not want the counter and
  add +1 because I want to keep the original number from the image.
* cr2: How do I get the extension?

This tells me the general topic, the location, the date of the photo
and the sequence. I do not want to use the counter +1 because before
doing the renaming, I do a lot of deleting for bad focus, bad
composition... so the numbers are not consecutive.

Then I can do it in bulk by selecting all the photos for that topic...

In Lightroom I use: {Custom Text}-{Date (YYYYMMDD)>>}-{Original
number suffix>>}

--
sknahT

vyS