[Digikam-users] Import of many photos

H. Jürgen Karbach HJKarbach at gmx.de
Thu Jan 29 14:49:10 GMT 2015

Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 22:41:29 schrieb Anders Lund:
> I actually want to use digikam, because it can rename them and sort them
> into  albums. I may be able to get the digikam database to work, but only
> after they are sorted/renamed I think.

In this case it would be handy to use Rapid Photo Downloader. It can rename
the files like DK, creates subfolders by date, extention, Jobcode, metadata,
Cam, Cam-SNR, ...
You also can backup (copy) this files simultaneously to up to 3 drives.
If your files are at several devices, you can „download‟ simultaneously from
multiple drives.
After Rapid Photo Downloader has done its job, you start Digikam which is
looking for new images to assign to the database. (check digikams prefs
before!)

Regards

H. Jürgen Karbach