[Digikam-users] Problems with "Write Metadata to Image"

Piter Dias piter.dias at piterdias.com
Thu Jan 15 20:28:19 GMT 2015

Guys,
I write metadata to side car files to keep original images untouched. It seems that digiKam only creates the side car files after we change some tags or use the option "Write Metadata to Image", what I use today in order to create the files for a lot of old photos that I did not assign any tag.
If I select a bunch of photos some (very few, 0.5%~1%) of side cars are created with just "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>" (lets call it "empty"). Most of them are cool.
If the photo with empty side car is selected and I click "Write Metadata to Image", the side car is created as expected (all tags and so on).
Is it a known problem? I use Windows 8.1, digiKam 4.6 and photos are in a samba share (under Ubuntu 14.04.1). If it is a new problem, I already have the DebugView but it is not clear for me, by inspecting it, why it is not working.
Thanks a lot,
_____________________Piter Diaspiter.dias at piterdias.comwww.piterdias.com