[Digikam-users] What am I missing? (16 bit, etc.)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 19:48:11 GMT 2015

eyes + bran is able to show around 8 billion of colors. No more.

But to perform colors correction without to degrade image quality,
it's always better to have more color depth to operate. So 16 bits is
ideally better.

To resume : you change/improve/fix image in 16 bits, you export final
image in 8 bits.