[Digikam-users] Backport of Digikam 4.5 for Debian Wheezy

Casey Finnerty casfindad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 05:06:05 GMT 2015

I have a problem with Digikam 4.1 crashing on my machine running SolydK
(based on Debian Wheezy). If I set up Digikam using an SQLite db, it always
crashes about halfway through "Finding New Items". If I set it up with a
MySQL database, the configure window freezes before I have a chance to add
my local collection. My understanding is that this latter bug was fixed in
4.5. The former issue seems to be an sqlite issue, based on my reading.

Is there a backport of Digikam (and kipi-plugins) 4.5 or 4.6 for Wheezy?
Upgrading my digikam installation would by my preferred solution, as I
understand another bug I would like eliminated (inability to export to
Flickr) was fixed in 4.2.

Alternatively, could someone provide step-by-step instructions for patching
4.1 to fix this bug? Thanks.

--
Casey M. Finnerty, Ph. D.
Winona, MN